The success of any business project depends directly on the number of customers. The issue of their attraction remains the main one for any entrepreneur who is interested in a stable development. Any methods and techniques are used, various ways of presenting information that helps to grab the attention of prospects. This task is especially hard for small business since such companies usually have a lack of knowledge. They’re also afraid of sales and marketing, don’t know how to keep their existing customers and keep focusing on the wrong things. That’s why such companies may face the difficulty of attracting new customers, should learn how to keep them without losing current customers. That’s what you need to succeed in the long run.
Let us give you some killer tips on how to attract more customers.
Understand your mistakes
First, you need to understand why your current methods do not work. There are some common mistakes to avoid:
- The offer is not relevant or is of poor quality;
- There is no understanding of how to attract, retain customers and how to work with them.
- You’ve chosen the wrong target audience. You may not understand for whom your product/service is and which desires and needs do your clients have.
- There is no control. It is necessary to collect data about your advertising campaigns, marketing strategies, the effectiveness of certain tools.
- The offer does not have competitive advantages, and is no different from other options on the market.
Rely on marketing
The best way to attract new customers is to invest in your marketing. Study its features, try different opportunities, experiment, and this will give you a flow of good clients.
But it is not enough to hire a good marketer and reach all channels for business promotion. You should invest in projects that are trackable and traceable. That’s why it is important to define goals, make them SMART and make conclusions after you have achieved or have not achieved them. It is essential to get rid of projects that fail, replace them with scaling up to more of what succeeds. If nothing still doesn’t work, change your approach. Not cardinally, start with small steps and keep going until you see results.
Remember, each month you should assemble a systematic plan. Execute in no matter how busy you are. Knowing, how are you going, will help you to keep the power on.
Considering how to win customers and keep them, try to be closer. People don’t like businesses, they like people. And they always need to know that there is someone behind the company. Someone who understands them, who knows what to offer, who faces fuck-ups, but doesn’t give up.
Several ways to attract clients:
- Take care of your social media. Nowadays it is the most useful channel to attract new customers and to keep in touch with existing ones. It may be the page of your company or your own page, both options do work if you’re really involved. If your personal presence is impossible for now, hire a professional SMM-manager, who will share your thoughts and ideas for you, communicate with your audience.
- Manage your online reviews. When customers leave the company or are going to, they almost always tell you why. They write direct messages, emails or leave their reviews at different platforms. Consider these posts as an opportunity to change your approach or at least to explain why you’ve chosen another one. Respond to online reviews, and even if those customers won’t return, your prospects will see that you really care.
- Use storytelling tips to attract customers. Remember that businesses have never sold products or services only. Customers need something more, a solution to their problem. That’s why we associate Volvo with safety or Bounty with heavenly life. Do you know what associations your brand evokes? That’s why you need a storytelling. Create an inspiring narrative.
People love free stuff and different discounts and deals are a good strategy to attract their attention. No wonder, as it is an opportunity to save money and receive a good product or a service. It’s proven that such marketing activities persuade people to buy even more than they’ve planned initially. Writing “Urgent Sale” or “80% off” you make your products popular. But don’t rely on the low price only. Just imagine: people buy your product, they’re happy to receive if for a favorable price, but it’s quality doesn’t match. Most likely they will get disappointed and write a negative review. And you can forget about that customer. That’s why you should be careful about such discounts and take care about the quality of your products and goods. Some good marketing and people will buy them without any deal.
Word-of-mouth always works!
And the best way to attract business clients is to use word of mouth to your advantage. This form of marketing is the oldest one, but it works even better than Internet or TV advertisements. People don’t trust the paid add, but they do trust other people. When they’re happy and satisfied with your product or service, they may not write a review, but they will share their experience with family, friends, neighbors, etc.
Accordingly, all small business needs is a couple of satisfied customers. You don’t need to hire an ambassador or evangelist for your brand if your clients are ready to promote and defend your company. But how can you affect that? How can you find such passionate customers and develop word-of-mouth? Just use these tips:
- Firstly, you need to provide people with products or services that are really good, with essential value and affordable price;
- Make sure your audience has a great customer experience. You may have a perfect product, but one rude employee will spoil everything;
- Provide your customers with an incentive to market your company. Think of how you can encourage them. The “Bring a Friend” deal is very popular, try to start with it.
Remember that you create your business for people, and for the attraction of more customers you should imagine yourself in their shoes. Leverage these tips and ideas to succeed!